Head of The Graduate School of Creative Arts Therapy
פרופ' רחל לב ויזל
Hecht's Art Building,3rd. Floor , Room 304
Office: 972-4-(8248045 )
|Date||Degree||Name of Institution|
|1997||PhD||School of Social Work, Hebrew University, Jerusalem|
|1985||M.A.||School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Israel|
|1975||B.A.||School of Social Work, University of Haifa, Israel|
Full Proffessor-School of Social Work, Faculty of Health &Welfare Sciences, University of Haifa.
Associate Professor with Tenure-School of Social Work, Faculty of Health & Welfare Sciences, University of Haifa.
Associate Professor with Tenure-School of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva.
Senior Lecturerwith Tenure-School of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva.
Development and cultural adaptation of Health and well-being measurements
MAPI Research Institute (Adaptation of Health-Promoting Measures). About 40,705 Euro (per year)
Development and cultural adaptation of Health and well-beingmeasurements
MAPI Research Institute (Adaptation of Health-Promoting Measures). About 70,705 Euro (per year).
The impact of personal and marital resources in coping with forced relocation
Ministry of Social and Labor. $2,500.
Hidden children survivors of Holocaust
Conference of Jewish Materials Claims Against Germany Inc. $7,700
1. Lev-Wiesel, R. (2005). Survivors and perpetrators' self figure and kinetic family drawings. Kiryat Bialik: Ach (168 pages) (Hebrew).
2. Brin A., & Lev-Wiesel, R. (2007). Her multiple face. Nahar: Biniamina (142 pages) (Hebrew).3. Lev-Wiesel, R. & Weinger, S. Hell within hell, The comorbidity of the Holocaust Traumata. Lanham, MR: American University Press (due May 2011).
EditedBooks and Special Journal Issues – Published
4. Kacen, L. & Lev-Wiesel, R. (Eds.). (2002). Group work in a
multicultural society. Tel Aviv: Cherikover (254 pages) (in Hebrew).
5. Lev-Wiesel, R. Cwikel, J., & Barak, N. (Eds.). (2005). Mental health in Israeli women: Guard yourself. Jerusalem: Brookdale (471 pages) (in Hebrew).
6. Lev-Wiesel, R. & Kacen, L. (2001). Group Experiential Journey. Kiryat Bialik: Ach (222 pages) (Hebrew).
8. Lev, R., & Yakobbovitz, H. (1993). A new approach for bed wetting children: Developmental and group support. IJOT, The Israel Journal of Occupational Therapy, 2(2), 55-69 (in Hebrew).
9. Lev, R. (1995). The battered child phenomenon- second generation to the Holocaust. Family- The Israeli Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 38, 7-11 (Hebrew).
10. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1998). Abused children of Holocaust survivors: an unspoken issue. Journal of Family Social Work, 3(1), 43-54.
11. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Fridlander, D. (1998). Role perception among social workers who live under politically uncertain areas. International Journal of Social Work. 42(1), 67-78. Also was published in Society and Welfare, 18(2), 281-292 (Hebrew).
12. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1998). Use of drawing technique to encourage verbalization in adult survivor of sexual abuse. The Arts in Psychotherapy, 25(4), 257-262.
13. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1998). Spouses perceptions of each other's coping ability with possible stressful life events and marital quality. Contemporary Family Therapy, 22(2), 211-220.
14. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Shamai, M. (1998). Living under the threat of relocation: Spouses perceptions of the threat and coping resources. Contemporary Family Therapy, 20(1), 107-121.
15. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1998). Coping with the stress associated with forced relocation in the Golan Heights, Israel. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 34(2), 143-160.
16. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Al-Krenawi, A. (1999). Attitudes toward marriage and marital quality: a comparison among Israeli Arabs differentiated by religion. Family Relations, 48, 51-56.
17. Shamai, M. & Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). Marital quality among couples living under the threat of forced relocation: The case of families in the Golan Heights. The Journal Marital and Family Therapy, 25(2), 239-254.
18. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). The use of the Machover Draw-A-Person test in detecting adult survivors of sexual abuse: a pilot study. American Journal of Art Therapy, 37(4), 106-112. Also appeared in Russian language in Art Therapy, 3(1), 19-31.
19. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). Feelings of adult survivors of child abuse feelings toward their offender-parents. Child and Adolescents Social Work Journal, 16(4), 291-304.
20. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). The impact of perceived social support and potency on abstinent behavior among members of Narcotics Anonymous. Journal of Social Work Research, 1(1), 1-9.
21. Al-Krenawi, A. & Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). Attitudes towards and perceived psychosocial impact of female circumcision as practiced among Bedouin-Arabs of the Negev. Family Process, 38(4), 431-443. (Authors equally contributed to the paper).
22. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). "I want to rebirth my twenty year old son": bereaved parents' responses. Journal of Family Social Work, 3(4), 39-48.
23. Lev-Wiesel, R. (1999). Living under the threat of relocation: Different buffering effect of personal coping resources on men and women. Marriage and Family Review, 29(1), 97-108.
24. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Hershkovitz, D. (2000). Detecting violent aggressive behavior among male prisoners through the Machover Draw-A-Person test. Arts in Psychotherapy, 27(3), 171-177.
25. Lev-Wiesel, R. (2000). The effect of children’s sleeping arrangements (communal vs. familial) on fatherhood among men in an Israeli kibbutz. Journal of Social Psychology, 140(5), 580-588.
26. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Al-Krenawi, A. (2000). Perception of family among Bedouin-Arab children of polygamous families as reflected in their family drawings. American Journal of Art Therapy, 38, 98-106.
27. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Amir, M. (2000). Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms, psychological distress, personal resources and quality of life in four groups of Holocaust child survivors. Family Process, 39(4), 445-460.
28. Lev-Wiesel, R. (2000). Quality of life in adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse who have undergone therapy. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 9(1), 1-13.
29. Lev-Wiesel, R. (2000). RTE: Revealing Transference Exercises in short-term group therapy. Arts in Psychotherapy, 27(5), 339-344.
30. Lev-Wiesel, R., & Drori, D. (2000). The effects of social status upon the self concept of elderly widows and wives assessed by human figure drawings. Arts in Psychotherapy, 27(4), 263-267.